The Town of Yarmouth Planning and Recreation Departments have teamed up to bring a street party to Main Street. The dates for the 2017 event are Sunday, July 30th and Sunday, August 27th.
Switch Open Street is a re-occurring event where volunteers take back local streets transforming them into safe, fun, festive and carefree family spaces.
Everyone is welcome at SWITCH, with the exception of cars. Whatever you can imagine will happen in our streets. Residents will be encouraged to join the party for FREE and participate in planned activities, classes, shopping, food, music, entertainment and much more!
On Event Day:
- Main Street will be closed from Parade Street to Cliff Street; however, traffic will still be able to flow on Parade Street and Cliff Street.
- Please remember this is a first come first serve space event, with exception to vendors playing music, who will be assigned a space when registering.
- Vendor set up is at 11:00 am to 12 noon and vehicles must be removed from the area before 12 noon.
- Clean up is from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Street will remain closed during that time.
- Individual/Organizations are responsible for own garbage/waste which should be taken away at the end of the event.
- Individual/Organizations have to provide all required items themselves (tables, chairs, extension cords, signage, garbage bags, umbrellas, etc.)
- Access to power (if needed) is to be arranged by the organization/individual. You can bring a generator/power supply or ask a business nearby.
- No town permits are required; everyone is covered under the Town umbrella; HOWEVER, the vending terms and conditions still have to be followed. Any other permits (i.e. food handling) are the responsibility of the individual/organization to obtain (see below food permit contact information).
The event will take place rain or shine!
ATTENTION FOOD VENDORS:
Food Vendors are encouraged to have healthy eating options available as per the Town of Yarmouth’s Healthy Eating Policy www.townofyarmouth.ca
We can't wait to party in the street with you.