The Town of Yarmouth is seeking a motivated, energetic, and outgoing student to fill our Interpreter/ Researcher position.
The Town of Yarmouth is seeking a motivated, energetic, and outgoing student to fill our Interpreter/ Researcher position. This successful applicant will work in the Interpretive Centre in our Killam Building on Water Street promoting an understanding of the historical, cultural, environmental and economic characteristics of our area with an emphasis on the qualities that distinguish it as a designated UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. We are looking for a candidate that is creative, enthusiastic and has a love of learning to fill this role.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Setting up displays for the interpretive centre;
- Act as an interpreter for visitors;
- Conduct associated research and provide guidance to promote the area;
- Receive and record information from visitors;
- Collect feedback on the materials, display and interpretive centre for future use;
- Become knowledgeable of the region, the Natural Science Atlas of the area and the Biosphere Reserve App;
- Assist in the marketing of the area;
- Adhere to and enforce all COVID-19 protocols.
- Knowledgeable of the local ecology, communities and history;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Experience with research method;
- Customer service focused with an ability to share information and create interest.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.