The Town of Yarmouth is accepting applications for the following positions from May to August 2021.
Parks Attendant - 1 position
The Parks Attendant performs a wide range of duties contributing to the overall maintenance and beautification of our Town's parks, grounds, and green spaces.
Green Team - 2 positions
The Green Team summer students will primarily be responsible for litter abatement throughout the Town of Yarmouth. This includes servicing all Town of Yarmouth public parks and green spaces. In addition to their Green Team role they will be responsible to complete some of the Parks Attendant tasks as required.
Hours of work - Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Term - May to August 2021
- High School completion certificate or equivalent
- Physically fit with the ability to lift heavy loads
- Experience using lawn maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship with co-workers
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Nova Scotia Driver's license
- Certification in Emergency First Aid and WHMIS (Employer to provide)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Operation and use of a variety of hand tools and maintenance equipment
- Prune, weed and cultivate landscaped areas within the Town
- Collect and dispose of garbage and litter
- General maintenance (painting, repair picnic tables, etc.)
- Clean up duties, move supplies, picnic tables and equipment as directed
- Assist with the set-up and tear-down of Town or community events
- Participate in workplace safety initiatives
- Participate in facility safety inspections (including playground inspections and regular toolbox meetings)
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Policies of the Town of Yarmouth
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.